Stories to entertain you, written with a paranormal twist.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

ABNA

The time has come to spread my wings and fly.

I have chosen this year to release my newest novel, THE KARMA STONE, by entering it into the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest. I have never entered any of my work in a contest before and I am told that it is very difficult to get through.

What I found was more valuable than imagined. Being involved with such an endeavor, you meet an amazing group of authors with which to connect and learn. Everyone I met in the forums were very nice and encouraging, and helpful beyond compare. I watched and read the forums as they helped other authors pursue their dreams, holding back nothing to help them advance in their own efforts.

These same authors, too, were entering the contest, yet wanted to help new and aspiring writers, even at the chance of losing their own place to someone they mentored. What an amazing and selfless action, with no thought of  return.

I will also have to add that the authors were also very eccentric, just as you immagine them to be, and it was a fun and frivilous experience as well. Look out gnomes, the time is at hand. (Guess you had to be there.)

So here is a heartfelt thank you to all those authors and writers who gave their time and energy to help others get through new and difficult territory. (Raises a glass in toast) Cheers to you and good luck. If Karma is watching, many of you will make the cut.

Another year of hopes and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment